How do I register for courses?

For most courses, go to the myLearning website.

If I want to cancel, what should I do?

You may also cancel a course on the myLearning website. Please remember you will need at least one week’s notice. To cancel an enrollment:

Who pays for the courses?

Full- and part-time university faculty and staff are eligible for payments of workshop costs offered through Staff Development Remission. If you fail to comply with the policy, your department will be charged for the cost of the course.

I am registered for a class tomorrow that I won’t be able to attend due to a work emergency. Is there anything I can do so my department budget won’t be charged?

Departments may send a substitute if that person has the same learning goal as the original participant. Staff substituted must be in a similar position, have the same objectives for attending, and be otherwise eligible.

What are valid reasons for not attending?

Your department will not be charged in the event of a family member's death, unexpected hospitalizations, automobile or personal injury accidents, and serious illness. Written documentation must be provided.

What if I have to arrive late or leave early?

The university’s normal business hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. To allow for travel from your regular work location, training is conducted between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm (unless otherwise stated in the catalog). Please plan to arrive by 8:30 am to allow sufficient time to find a parking space, meet the instructor and your fellow students, clear your mind to prepare for learning, and receive your course materials.

Plan for mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks, to have an hour free for lunch, and for the course to run its full allotted time. Due to the disruption to the class and to the learning experiences of other attendees, participants who arrive late (in the morning or after lunch) will not be allowed to enter courses that are already in progress.

Leaving classes early means that you will not have the opportunity to gain all of the learning outcomes that were intended for the course. Furthermore, arriving late or leaving early, on your part will result in your department being charged for the cost of the full day of training. We design each of these training experiences to be a learning-filled day, and we ask that you plan your day to make the most of it.

Will food and drink be provided?

There is a canteen at Johns Hopkins @ Eastern where you can purchase food and drinks.  East Baltimore has various places to purchase lunch.

Does the cost of the course come out of my Tuition Remission money?

No. Classes for which full- and part-time faculty and staff register and attend are charged to Staff Development Remission, a separate benefit from Tuition Remission.

Do I need to fill out the pink Tuition Remission forms?

No. Tuition Remission forms are not needed for these classes. All you need to do is register at the myLearning website.

For other questions about online learning, please see the Online Learning Troubleshooting Guide.

Back to Top