- Human Resources and Orientation
- Information Technology
- Leadership, Management and Professional Skills
- Skillsoft Online Learning Library
Faculty and staff at Johns Hopkins University are eligible to take a wide variety of courses in Information Technology. These courses are funded as part of your benefits program and are not charged directly to you or your department as long as you comply with the Terms and Conditions agreement on attendance.
Our course offerings include opportunities to learn programming languages, desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), databases, and programs used by web designers and graphics specialists. These courses will prepare you to perform better in the workplace and can enhance your career in the digital world. To view all of the upcoming instructor led courses we offer click here.
NEW!!! Online IT Courses now available.
To take part in an IT course, all you need to do is check with your supervisor (and make sure that it’s acceptable for you to participate in a course during work hours) and then register.
- Training on Demand Program (TOD) – If you can’t find the course you are looking for on the myLearning website, you may submit a TOD request. Training On Demand
- Group Training on Demand – It may be possible to arrange a special class for your department or group. Training on Demand Group Form
All JHU full and part-time faculty and staff are eligible for Information Technology courses. If you are not eligible, you may still be able to attend through a departmental charge. Here’s how:
Department Charge Participants – If you are not eligible to receive Staff Development Remission, you may attend Learning Solutions classes through a departmental charge.
The courses offered by Learning Solutions at 2024 E. Monument Street or at Eastern are available to any individual with a work affiliation to the Johns Hopkins University who is employed in the following categories:
- casual/on call
- temporary or student worker/Post Doctoral Fellows
- employees of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
These categories of employees may register for courses only if space is available in the session requested, and only when their department approves their attendance, and the department is willing to pay the published course rate for the session. Payment can be made by placing a valid budget number on the registration form.
For additional information on Information Technology courses please contact Kenya Hearn: 443-997-3721 | firstname.lastname@example.org