The university’s Organization Development team works with leaders to develop multiple mechanisms for changing behavior and improving organizational effectiveness.
- Group conflict management and team building
- Leadership coaching
- Mission and vision development
- Organization assessment and redesign
- Process analysis and redesign
- Retreat design and facilitation
- Role definition and negotiation
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Work climate assessment
Our clients are the senior leaders and managers of the university, those who design and oversee whole organizational systems. Organization Development helps clients implement and manage a wide range of change-related issues effectively and efficiently.
Through intensive processes of assessment, goal setting, and evaluation of organizational systems, we can provide leaders with the tools they need for comprehensive reflection and re-envisioning of their organizations.
I'm a manager. When should I call and ask for OD assistance?
Typically, an area it could benefit from the assistance of Organization Development in the following situations:
- Before undertaking a change project that will affect many others
- After receiving suggestions from audits, self-studies, or external reviews
- During a transition of leadership
- When merging with or splitting from another unit
- During periods of rapid growth in scope, funding, or size
- As you consider what is next for your organization in 3–5 years
- When concerned about ongoing departures and turnover
- If conflicts are excessive and interfering with getting work done
- When frustration is mounting from too many problems, demands, and challenges
- When clients, customers, leaders or other stakeholders are dissatisfied with results
- When the same problem persists, despite changes in individual leaders, faculty, or staff
- If your group seems to lack a shared set of goals or when people are confused about the direction of the area
Leaders can't afford to ignore issues that detract from their organizations, nor those that could become more serious problems if not handled effectively. If you believe your area could benefit from our support, please contact us to see how we may help.
Key Organization Development processes include:
- Workforce planning – The intentional and strategic projection and planning of access to talent (either internal or external) with the skills, knowledge, and behaviors essential for the achievement of the university’s strategic objectives and/or demands.
- Strategic plan/goal alignment – The process of developing and implementing plans to reach an organization’s long-term goals and objectives. It is the roadmap to lead an organization from where it is now to where it would like to be in 3-5 years.
- Succession management – Succession management is a process for identifying and developing internal personnel with the potential to fill key or critical organizational positions. Succession management ensures the availability of experienced and capable employees that are prepared to assume these roles as they become available.
For additional information on Organization Development services contact Heather Mason at email@example.com
Back to Top