Career Management Model
When faced with the challenge of obtaining a new position, many people start by writing or updating their resumes. Unfortunately, this approach does not always produce the best results. By following the steps in the Career Management Model, you will have a better understanding of both yourself and the job market.
The Career Management Model consists of five steps:
- Assessment – Clarify and understand your interests, skills, values, and personality.
- Research – Explore career or job opportunities that interest you.
- Make Decisions and Set Goals – Evaluate the pros and cons of feasible options and create goals and timelines.
- Taking Action – Write or update your resume, interview, evaluate or accept a job offer, or begin work or study toward a long-term career goal.
- Readjust or New Transition – Assess and regroup, or begin anew.
To learn more about the Career Management Model, click this link to access the e-learning course: Managing Your Career.
Back to Top